Friday 5 September 2014

100 Words: At First Sight

The fire had me hypnotised in seconds.  Its movement, light, sounds, smells and warmth all combined to leave me staring while sitting on a log. 

I didn’t notice her sit down next to me, not until the fireworks started did I see her multi colored face and eyes.

Normally such tales would talk of an instant reaction yet I only had an internal shrug, distracted as I was by the display.

Its different now because so much is attached to that face but then, at that moment, there was nothing.

It was only later as we talked that I fell.


Written for Friday Fictioneers from the following picture prompt:

Campfire 

Copyright – Rochelle Wisoff-Fields


3 comments:

  1. That is a nice way to end, sometimes it is not at first sight but a more gradual process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your gentle love story with a lovely ending. We get lots of fireworks here in Tenerife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, Lovely story with a great happy ending. This is such a nice gentle romance. Well written. : ) ---Susan

    ReplyDelete