Monday 21 July 2014

250 Words: A nightmare in the corner of the room

I dreamt I was in bed trying to sleep- one of those vivid dreams you get sometimes after waking up early and drifting back to sleep.  I couldn’t sleep because there was a scratching sound coming from the corner of my bedroom.

I tentatively sat up to have a look.  Just as I caught sight of the creature it swivelled its entire body round to look back at me.  It was two foot high, green with a spiky head and long arms and as I stared in disbelief it grinned a huge, nasty grin full of sharp teeth.

While I thought about the fact I’d been watching Gremlins the day before it suddenly leapt across the room and landed on my chest knocking the air clean out of my lungs.  It then dropped onto its own chest, wrapped its arms around me and began to squeeze very tightly.

I tried my best to breathe but couldn’t move my chest muscles at all, the creature was holding on so strongly.  I began to panic, feeling my life ebbing away until…

I woke up, taking in a lungful of morning air in relief.  Though it felt like the creature was still on my chest, it was not, thankfully.  However, I looked across at the corner of my room, which, although it was also clear, I thought I could see… unless I was mistaken… I left my bed for a closer look… yes, claw marks in the wallpaper.

This was the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment