Tuesday 10 December 2013

250 Words: No need for a favourite

They asked me what my favourite Pixar film was and I refused to answer.  I have had no need for favourites for a while now.  Ever since I stopped watching programmes compiled of lists of things, I guess.  Or maybe before.  I know when I voted for the best music of the last century I found it very difficult to choose something because there is so much I like.  Things are still the same.  I have lots of favourites overall.  Lots of films I really like, lots of bands, lots of books, lots of food.  To able to choose a favourite in any genre or strand or whatever is impossible.  And pointless.  I might have a favourite thing of the moment (Los Campesinos! in music) but “of all time”?  Do me a favour!  Lord, where do you even begin?  How can you even compare?  There are too many differences; and too much baggage attached, even.  Memories and stuff tacked to the side.  Monsters, Inc, for instance, was one of the only times our second year household did something together.  Plus each is partially defined by its accompanying short.  The Incredibles will always be helped a little by Boundin’.   No, no.  I cannae do it.  And I have no need.  I know what I like (virtually everything I come into contact with: so shoot me, I’m a whore!), I know what I don‘t like: why define further?  I’d rather sit happily with everything surrounding me like a million cuddly teddy bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment